Powered Paragliding App For Android
2012-Jan-18 a dedicated phone application for paramotor pilots.
Stephane Nicole has created what looks like a cool app for Android
Users who fly PPG. I haven't gotten to try it yet but will offer a
review after I do. There is a basic version that's free and a paid
version with more functionality that'll set you back a whopping $2.
Here is the basic information provided by its creator. Don't drop
PPGpS is a Flight Computer for Powered Paraglider Pilots. There is a
free version (PPGpS Lite) and a paid version (PPGpS).
-Real time flight information
-Wind direction estimation
-Takeoff and Landing phases auto-detection
-Return home information (display estimated travel time and bearing)
-Fuel calculation and warning
-Emergency geo-localized SMS
-Google Map localization with GPS
-Log flights in KML files for Google Earth
-Especially developed for Paramotor
PPGpS also provides the altitude, bearing, magnetic compass,
acceleration and ground speed. Additionally, you can:
* Switch between instantaneous, average and maximum values by
clicking on the instruments.
* Create waypoints on the map and follow the displayed route
(bearing, estimated travel time and distance).
* It also computes the distance traveled and the estimated travel
time to return home according to the wind.
* The average ground speeds are graphically displayed for every
* Launch the Demonstration mode to have a quick tour.